The Diva Foundation
Who may enter
The competition is only open to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age and older at the start of the Entry Period (as defined below) with a valid Twitter account. Employees and agents of The Diva Foundation and family members of such employees are not eligible to enter. The Diva Foundation (“Sponsor”) and respective companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, advertising agencies, and the families and persons living in the same household as such employees, are not eligible to participate. The Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws. Void where prohibited or restricted by law or regulations.
How to Enter
1. Go to your twitter page, if you don’t have one you can start one for free
2. Make sure you are following @thesherylralph. That is the only way we can notify you if you win!
3. Tweet out the following message exactly as it appears “@thesherylralph Make me a VIP! I want to sit in your section at Diva Simply Signing #DIVA21”
Conditions of entry
By entering the competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
By acceptance of the prize, the winner grants the rights use and publish his or her legal name and state of residence online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the contest without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
1. The competition will begin September 28, 2011 at 6:00AM PST and run through October 10th, 2011 6:00 PM PST.
2. One prize will be available and will be awarded on 10/11/11.
3. Winner will be chosen at random.
4. Winners will be announced on the @thesherylralph Twitter account on 10/10/11. The winners will be notified by tweet and direct message on or about two (2) days after the applicable entry period ends.
5. To enter the competition you must follow @thesherylralph AND send out this tweet “@thesherylralph Make me a VIP! I want to sit in your section at Diva Simply Signing #DIVA21” from your own Twitter account and include hashtag #DIVA21 in your message. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the entrant will be the registered owner of the Twitter account.
6. You can tweet as many times as you like (though entries using automated tweets will be disqualified), but you will only be entered into the competition once. Any attempt by a person to submit more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, shall void all of such person's entries and such person shall be disqualified from the applicable Contest. No responsibility will be accepted by the Sponsor for any lost or misdirected tweet.
7. No purchase is necessary to enter the contest.
8. In order to receive a direct message from Sponsor, you must (a) be following @thesherylralph and/or on Twitter and (b) have your account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public.” The winner will have two (2) days to respond to the direct message to provide contact information (full name, email address, and mailing address). If a winner cannot be contacted or fails to confirm his or her eligibility and contact information within two (2) days of notification, an alternate winner will be selected by Sponsor. Selection of winners will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions are final.
9. The Sponsor's decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on every entrant. Sponsor's decision cannot be appealed.
10. The contest is governed by the laws of the United States and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
1. The prize consists of two (2) VIP TICKETS (approximate retail value: $500) to “The 21st Divas Simply Singing 2011” Charity event on Saturday, October 22nd at the Wilshire Ebell Theatre.
2. Tickets must be picked up at will-call in Los Angeles, CA or by special arrangement.
3. All prizes must be taken as offered and are not exchangeable, transferable, and redeemable for cash or for resale. Travel and accommodations NOT included. Cannot be used on any other date. In the event that a prize is unavailable, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
4. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to be responsible for all federal, state, provincial, local, or other applicable taxes associated with acceptance and use of the prize.
5. Once a prize has been delivered to a winner, all liability for any loss or damage, including any property damage, personal injury, or death to the prize winner or any third party shall be the sole responsibility of the prize winner and the prize winner shall indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliates for any claims therefore.
6. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified thereon. Location of seating (if any) shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Attendees agree to comply with all applicable venue regulations in connection with prize.
Notification of winners
Winner will be notified via a direct message on Twitter. He/She will be asked to email the Sponsor for contact information. The winners will be notified by tweet and direct message on or about two (2) days after the applicable entry period ends.
Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify, or suspend the contest at any time.
Release of Liability
By participating, you release Sponsor and their subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, employees, directors, agents, advertising agencies, and all other associated with the development and execution of this Contest, from any and against any and all injury, loss or damage caused or claimed to be caused by your participation in the Contest and/or the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of the prize, and you agree that these entities are in no matter responsible for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to the Contest and/or the awarding of any prize. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the preceding release is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or void for any reason, entrant agrees that, by entering the Contest, (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF A CONTEST, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Winners List: To receive the winners list, send a clearly labeled self-addressed stamped envelope to:
DIVAS Simply Singing!
c/o The Diva Foundation
9000 Sunset Boulevard, Suite 709
West Hollywood, CA 90069